Getting Personal: A Room Tour in Pictures

by - February 03, 2016


Having a peek at someone's room is a good way to get to know them. Obviously, it shows through the overall style of the room (and its state of messiness!), but also from the little things - the candle they're burning (well, for bloggers at least because who else burns candles in their room? haha), the way they arrange and store their clothes, or the little trinkets they keep on their shelves. This is why I've decided to do a sort of room tour, but only showing you bits and pieces instead of wide shots. My dad repainted and redecorated my room last summer, and I finally got rid of the blue walls I'd had for the past ten years to go for a more neutral colour. Funnily enough I went for a pale, greyish lilac on the walls, which is pretty much the colour scheme of my blog! Changing your room can really make a difference in how well you feel in it, trust me - a makeover is always a good idea.
The only thing that bugs me is that I have so much stuff that I'm struggling to find storage tricks now. My bookshelves are completely packed full of books and I have to put new ones randomly in every bit of space I can find now. But I wanted to show you my favourite part of it, the old books corner - I love collecting books from centuries past! I got the little squirrel stuffed toy in a shop in Hyde Park, London, and the curious bottle of Bath water in... well, Bath haha. Also, from these photos you can learn two things: 1. that I really like Jane Austen and 2. that I am also a huge Harry Potter fan. By the way, if you'd like me to do a Harry Potter merchandise collection, do let me know because that would be fun!

What is the colour scheme of your room? What are the bits that you like the most about it? 

Lots of love,
Julia x

You May Also Like

20 commentaires

  1. Omg your room looks amazing! I have exactly the same flounder soft toy and your books look so amazing!!! xx

    If you are interested check out my book giveaway :) http://daristo-chic.blogspot.com.mt/2016/02/book-giveaway-kinda.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yasmine! Flounder is the cutest :D Sure I'll check it out! xx

      Delete
  2. You have such a fun room! Love the Harry Potter stuff!
    kaylaloves.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your room looks cozy!

    http://www.aimeroseblog.com
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh I live the idea of a room tour blog post, this must have been so much fun to make! I looove the bunting in the first picture and I like how all of your personality is represented in your room too xx

    http://blossomingdaydreams.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Georgia! I did have fun trying to see which bits to photograph :) I made the bunting myself, Cath Kidston-y prints are the best! xx

      Delete
  5. I like being nosy, well I am sure most of us do:) We never have enough space in our rooms, so when you think that, it is time to get rid of some bits or put them away. I like the idea of old book corner, it adds personality to your room. x

    Ela BellaWorld

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is true that I should declutter everything, I'm sure we have tons of stuff that we could get rid of! Thanks :) xx

      Delete
  6. Your room looks so cosy and definitely it's very personal. I like the shelf with those old books! x

    Mummy’s Beauty Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dagmara! I really wanted it to be personal, I'm glad it comes across in the photos :) xx

      Delete
  7. Cute photos, I love all the ornaments you have! Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog X

    The Fashion Road

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can see so many cute stuffs in your room. I like your pin board! <3

    xoxo,
    SHAIRA // Villa Escudero

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Shaira! It's one of my favourite bits in the room! xx

      Delete
  9. Your room is lovely Julia! I love these kinds of posts too and I'm so in awe of your cute vintage decor and bunting *sigh* plus your clothes picks look amazing! Loving the bow garment :D xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara | (doing follow for follow on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth! The bow top is one of my favourites, so easy to wear :D xx

      Delete
  10. Your room is adorable, I love all the books you have! They look so lovely!!

    The-wonderwhy.blogspot.com

    - xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's nothing better than books! :D xx

      Delete

Disqus comment count